Revlon colorstay moisture stain review



After watching countless you tubers rave about these little gems from America recently, you can imagine how i couldn't wait to get my hands on these when they launched in the U.K late July/August. I'm a huge fan of Revlon's lip products, they have become my go to brand when it comes to picking an on trend lip shade that are of great quality and I'm hardly ever disappointed.

I picked up two shades seen above in 'shanghai sizzle' which is a gorgeous rich orange toned red and 'L.A Exclusive' which is a bright barbie blue toned pink.

It has to be said that the packaging is just gorgeous! these look so sleek and elegant and i love to keep one of these in my handbag at all times.

My favourite out of the two is 'L.A exclusive' which came as a surprise to me as i was initially drawn to the more flamboyant 'Shanghai sizzle'. 'L.A Exclusive' is incredibly wearable as an everyday shade and on first application is a flattering baby pink and can be built to create more of a dramatic bold pink. The fact that the colour was build able made this product very versatile for me.

'Shanghai sizzle' however, is a lot more pigmented as you can see in the below swatches. This isn't a bad thing, in fact i usually strive to find glossy lip colours packed with a punch, but in this instance i have been limited to when i can wear this as its only really suitable for a night out in my opinion.



Overall, i really like these. The consistency is a little sticky which i don't mind in a gloss but obviously this is down to preference. They do have a slightly bizarre smell... it reminds me of fairy liquid but that might just be me! I would proceed with caution with the colour selection, i normally pick a lip stick over a gloss so when i get a gloss i like a more neutral finish. If i buy more of these i will be going for a more nude shade. I would recommend taking a look at 'london posh' which looks lovely but these come in 12 different shades so fill your boots!

These are available now and are around £7.99 each but are however currently on offer in both Boots and Super drug.

Have you tried these yet? what colours would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment