springtime hair style's

springtime hair style's tutorial braids blonde
So Spring is here and it is time to shake things up style wise! we finally have a bit of sunshine in Britain so as well as dusting off the ballet style pumps and saying goodbye to thick coats and scarfs, I have also been looking how to bring my hair, make-up and fashion up to speed. I've started with these four hair styles that I have been trying out the past few weeks and if you like the look of these, keep reading because I'm going to show you how I did each one. You will have to excuse the dodgy wallpaper, gurney photos of me in action and beware that the first couple I have no make up on so its fair to say I'm stepping out of my comfort zone slightly with these...


It's also worth me pointing out that my hair is fine but I have a lot of it and a lot of these hairstyles would probably look better on thicker hair but I'm embracing what I have! I also really needed my roots done when I took these photo's but I don't mind roots showing every now and again.


 
No 1

Springtime vintage.




I'm going to start with the top left style which is kind of my take on a vintage style and this also looks great with summer hats.
springtime hair style's heat protectant
I started with freshly washed hair and added a heat protectant spray as I will be using heat with some of these styles.
springtime hair style's

springtime hair style's babyliss designer collection hairdryer head jog round brush
I then combed through my hair thoroughly before blow drying my hair. My hairdryer is from babyliss and is part of the designer collection set and my Large round brush is by head jog.
 
springtime hair style's
Once hair is completely dry, take a section from the front right side and twist backwards adding hair randomly so that the twist goes downwards towards the ear.
springtime hair style's
Grip in place using bobby pins. When gripping, try to pin down into the twist so that the grips are parallel to the actual twist as seen above. This way, you wont leave to many of the grips visible and the grip will be much more secure.
 
springtime hair style's
Repeat on the other side. This style actually looks quite nice just how it is now but I like to go even further...
springtime hair style's
When you get to doing the back of the head, just continue rolling everything up. This part is the trickiest, especially if you prefer a precise look. To really make this neat I sometimes roll sections of hair around my fingers and grip into place but as an everyday style I don't mind a bit of texture so I kind of just rolled it all up and tucked any loose bits into the roll.
springtime hair style's
Once your done, grab another mirror so you can have a look at the back. This is where I go in and neaten/mess up to my desire. As you can see I had a bobby pin sticking out so I pushed this in and sometimes I prefer to go even messier and tease sections out slightly to add volume.
 
springtime hair style's
 
Then, all that's needed is to go in with a tail comb and tease out some sections at the front to make the whole look more relaxed and romantic. I even curl the front sections sometimes but it all depends on what you prefer.
 
springtime hair style's
 
And here is the final look! I think its a really sweet look and although very simple I always get compliments when I have my hair like this.
 
No 2
 
French braid bun
 
springtime hair style's
 This is how I have adapted a simple top bun which to be honest is getting a little tired now and transformed it into something a bit more exciting. I start by sectioning off the top section of hair going ear to ear and through where you want your bun to be on your head so this could be further back if you want a lower bun or more toward your forehead if you want the bun to be higher. secure in place with a butterfly clip for now.
springtime hair style's
Tip your head upside down and with the remaining hair unclipped, start a French braid going from the nape of your neck towards the clipped section of hair. To do a French braid you take three small sections and begin to braid like normal but add more hair to each section with each weave. If you really struggle with these, there are plenty of tutorials on youtube and practise really does make perfect.
springtime hair style's
It is entirely up to you to go for a traditional French braid or to bring the hair under rather than other when weaving like I have. The finished braid will look like this if you choose to weave under and it looks more 3D. I do prefer this style when I don't have quite so much roots undyed if I'm honest as the contrast in colours can leave you looking a bit stripy and shows up every flaw with your braiding so bear this in mind when you do this style!
 
springtime hair style's
brush through the clipped section of hair at the front and brush into a ponytail. Add the ends from your French braid into this ponytail and then secure with an elastic.
springtime hair style's
 
Roll the ponytail down onto a bun ring. The colour and size of the bun ring depend on the colour of your own hair and preference of bun size. Ive used a medium sized blond bun ring.
 
springtime hair style's
 
Make sure the bun ring is completely concealed with your hair and grip in place if necessary. I also like to pull out some sections at the front and loosen up the hair on top of my head carefully with a tail comb but these steps are completely optional.
 
springtime hair style's

springtime hair style's

springtime hair style's
 
And that is the French braid bun complete! although this is possibly the trickiest one, I really love how this one looks and this can be worn casually and formally. This also works better on 2 day or 3 day hair so is great if like me you struggle for inspiration in between washes.
 
 
No 3
 
low side curls
 
springtime hair style's
 This style is super easy and I think this one is more edgy than the others so would be great for festivals. You could even add a couple of tiny braids to give it more of a boho vibe. I start by parting the hair to one side. The parting has to be as low as your hair will allow without falling back onto the wrong side. Blow drying your hair to the side can help with this as well as parting your hair in a slight downward diagonal so that you have a low parting effect at the front without having it as low at the back which is what I have done here.
 
springtime hair style's
 
Once your happy with the position of the parting, section off and curl into loose curls. I've chosen to use my babyliss straighteners but you can use curling irons or a wand too. This look is fantastic when done with a wand. The only thing I wouldn't suggest is rollers as the curls will be too voluminous.
 
springtime hair style's
And then this look is complete! I actually think that having roots is beneficial for this look as it gives it a grungey finish.
 
No 4
 
French braid side pony
 
springtime hair style's

This one carries on from the previous style and although this style is not as edgy the key thing to remember with this one is the messier the better! I started by sectioning of the front left section of my low side parted hair and clipped the rest of the hair out of the way.
 
springtime hair style's
 
I then French braided this section from the parting to my ear. As with the French braid bun you start with three sections and braid, bringing in more sections of hair with each weave but if your stuck look up French braids on youtube. The good thing with this style is that if you aren't amazing at French braids it doesn't really matter as this needs to be messy! Again, I've chosen to weave the hair under rather than over to give the illusion of a 3D braid and I think that is quite important with this style.
 
springtime hair style's Got 2 b texturising powder

Once the braid is done as far as behind the ear, clip in place using bobby pins and then sprinkle some texturizing powder on top of the braid and pat in. I used one by Got 2 b.
springtime hair style's
 
 I then use my fingers to loosely pull at each section of the braid to make the braid look larger and fuller.
 
springtime hair style's
Then all that's left to do is to unclip the rest of the hair and pull into a side ponytail at the bottom of the braid.
 
springtime hair style's

springtime hair style's
This style is also great on 2 day or 3 day hair and looks lovely on really long hair too.

Which of these is your favourite? what is your favourite thing about spring?


1 comment:

  1. They all look lovely! I wish I could French braid!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete