Tip of the week - How not to waste product

 

tip of the week how not to waste product

tip of the week how not to waste product nivea soap and glory john frieda palmers cocoa butter formula

This week I have an oldie but a goodie and that is
how not to waste product!! this works on any squeezy tube product as you can see above and you will be amazed at how much product you waste when you get to the end of the tube and cannot squeeze out any more. So here's how to...

tip of the week how not to waste product nivea

I took this nivea daily essentials light moisturising day cream and once I found I could not squeeze out anymore I wondered how much was really left in the tube?
tip of the week how not to waste product nivea

With a pair of scissors, I literally just cut the tube in half like above...
tip of the week how not to waste product

As you can see above, a lot of residual product is left in the tube. at least 2-3 more applications. scrape out all of the product from the top half and transfer to the bottom half of the bottle.
tip of the week how not to waste product nivea


Then simply slide the top of the tube over the bottom half like above. You should find that it fits on quite snugly which will prevent the product inside from drying up and will be good to use for a few weeks. If you prefer you can skip this step and decant into a more airtight container which can be bought from most drugstores.


So now you will never hastily waste any of your favourite products again! do you use this tip already?


4 comments:

  1. i always do this! Especially with hand creams in my bag xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its pretty thrifty but I never throw anything away without doing this first! Thanks for your comment :)

      x

      Delete
  2. Never in my life has it occurred to me to do this - and it's the simplest thing in the world! Thanks for the tip, I will be doing it from now on! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be amazed how much is left in the tube! glad to be of assistance. :)

      Thank you x

      Delete