My weekend purchases

 
my weekend purchases urban decay illamasqua maybelline 24hr color tattoo sleek
I went to visit my mum in Cardiff on the weekend and as my bank balance didn't look too drastic I kind of went on a huge shopping spree! I mainly bought clothes but did get a few beauty bits and I have been trying these this week and love them!

The first purchases I made were the two biggest spends at the make up counters in Debenhams. I really wanted a blush that would really compliment pastel hair colours as I like to dye my hair every now and then and i wanted something quite lilacy. I went to Illamasqua as they usually have great pigmentation and out there colours and fell in love with the shade Thrust. It wasn't really the pastel shade I was after at all in hindsight but I just had to have this beaut and I know this will last me ages. Illamasqua Thrust is my most expensive blush at £21.50 but it looks absolutely beautiful on. Its very pigmented but used with a light hand leaves a wonderfully pretty pink flush and is very build able and lasts all day.

As i was taken to the till on the Urban decay stand, the all nighter make up setting spray caught my eye which I have always wanted to try. The handbag sized bottles are only £9 so to me at least it was a no brainer. I love this stuff, it really does lock your make up in place and I've noticed that the illamasqua blush and this all nighter spray are the perfect combo for a long lasting blush, something I am always on the hunt for.

I then found this Happiness is coconut lime paradise body spray in tescos of all places and it is a brand that had its own counter but whom I have never heard of before. It was in between £3-£4 but it was everything I was looking for! I desperately wanted a coconut spray that doesn't smell generic and this coconut and lime combination is absolutely moreish. This spray is also free from parabens, phthalates, mineral oils, PABA,petrolatum, paraffin, DEA and animal ingredients which Is pretty amazing.

After being a fan of the sleek Eau la la lip pencils for quite some time I fancied another and the shade raisin really filled a void for me. I love a berry lip and cant believe I am yet to pick up a berry pencil, especially as I'm a fan of a dark defined lip. I'm yet to use this one but am very excited about it and already know I love the formula.

Lastly, I noticed that Maybelline have launched these Color show shadows which I have never seen before! they are remarkably similar in consistency to the loreal infallible eye shadows and share that buttery texture. I picked up copper fizz which is such a flattering shade for blue eyes! Its quite metallic/glittery so if that's not your bag this is one to avoid but I think this looks stunning on and I am keen to try more shades.

I had to resist any more for fear of being skint but I am so excited to try some of springs new offerings. What are you dying to try? have you tried any of the above items?


No comments:

Post a Comment