BirchBox April - Royally Good (Royally late...)

Birchbox Royally good April edition
First of all, I would like to address the elephant in the room. its nearly the end of may and I'm only just reviewing Aprils Birch box... I had a bit of an adventure receiving this box as it went missing in the post so I only managed to get my hands on this at the end of April. The team at Birch box were absolutely wonderful with dealing with my situation and doshed me a new one out as soon as possible so I really have to give props to their customer service team.

I was gutted when I didn't get this first time round as I had seen my sisters and knew the design was stunning and goes fabulously with my living room decor. Obviously it was a special box to celebrate the birth of Will and Kate's second child and had some real gems inside too...

 
Birchbox Royally good April edition

Birchbox Royally good April edition

Birchbox Royally good April edition

Birchbox Royally good April edition

Birchbox Royally good April edition

As previously mentioned the packaging and postcards are all beautiful and glancing over the 'menu' for this month I was super excited for 2 things in particular... Laura Mercier and Liz Earle cleanse and polish!
 
Birchbox Royally good April edition InnerMe energize me
This months 'beauty bonus' is the InnerMe Energize me supplements. Now I am yet to try these as I don't really buy into supplements however I have noticed a major dip in my energy lately and when the alarm goes off in the morning I feel like having a throw my toys out of the pram moment in life so maybe my mind will change... ill give these a shot. These are normally £10 and are packed with lots of vitamins and minerals so its great value to have these as an added bonus.
 
Birchbox Royally good April edition percy & reed no oil oil
I don't use a lot of product in my hair as I am forever fighting a battle with my naturally oily scalp so I was intrigued to receive this smoothed, sealed & sensational volumising no oil oil by Percy & Reed. I've never tried anything by
Percy & Reed and am pretty impressed overall. The packaging is eclectic yet chic and the no oil oil itself is a lovely lightweight serum which used sparingly adds a boost of moisture to my straw like ends. Full size is £14 which would be a good investment as this will last me a really long time so this could become a favourite! I can imagine this would be great to use on extensions too.
 
Birchbox Royally good April edition Lola Barcelona
This polish by Lola Barcelona in shade 'garcia' is a gorgeous pinky coral and I have been wearing this mainly on my toenails now we are finally into sandal weather. What really makes this shade unique is that it has the slightest glimmer of shimmer to it. Not enough to make you look like a human disco ball but just enough to give this polish something special. This is a full sized bottle and normally would cost £7.50 so Birch box are being extra generous this month.
 
Birchbox Royally good April edition pommade divine natures remedy balm
I must be living under a rock as I had never heard of pomade divine natures remedy balm and as stated on the menu has caused quite the stir in the beauty world. This is quite pricey for full size at £19.80 and is essentially a multi purpose balm for dry areas of skin, cuticles and lips. I hated this as a lip balm and found it had an unusual smell and taste but used as a cuticle oil was lovely. I don't think I would buy this when I run out as I love OPIs avoplex cuticle oil more than this.
 
Birchbox Royally good April edition Laura Mercier eye pencil
I have to say my heart sank slightly when I discovered I had got a Laura Mercier eye pencil rather than the much anticipated primer, and I couldn't help but wonder whether my missing box had a primer in - I will never know! I have wanted to try anything by Laura Mercier for ages but I have particularly wanted to try the primer so I was slightly gutted and I was even more gutted when I learnt that this eyeliner is a pretty firm pencil! The colour is a gorgeous deep indigo but I struggled to get this to translate onto my eyelid let alone waterline.
 
Birchbox Royally good April edition Liz Earle cleanse and polish

Birchbox Royally good April edition Liz Earle cleanse and polish
Last and definitely not least is the Liz Earle Cleanse and polish complete with muslin cloth. I have wanted to try this is so long and at £14 for a full size I don't know why I haven't as that is not extortionate. I love how this was presented all packed up in tissue and couldn't wait to try this. I have used soap and Glory's hot cloth cleanser before and this is actually very similar but with a milder smell which I prefer for my face. It removes make up easily and leaves skin feeling refreshed and soft. I will be buying this classic again!
 
So that's it for April, sorry it is so late. It wont be long before I'm posting Mays up which I was really impressed with .

Do you get Birch box? what as your favourite item for April? Do you subscribe to any other boxes? which would you recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment