My favourite Spring nails shades this year

Clockwise from left; Loreal Color Riche in 851, Models Own in Duck Egg, Rimmels Fancy a dip, Sally Hansen Tahitian sunset, Barry M mint green, Nails Inc gel effect polish inn Uptown and Essies Fiji.
With Spring drawing to a close I thought I would share with you what my favourite Spring nail polishes have been this year. I am still reaching for these currently and I'm not altogether ready to start with the summer brights so I'm sure some of you will be feeling the same. I actually think the nearly white pastel shades are going to continue into Summer anyway so luckily I will still be able to rock Essie's 'Fiji' and Loreals 851 right through until Autumn.

So Starting with the blues, I always dust off Models own 'Duck Blue' from their speckled range at Easter time and I love having nails that look like mini eggs. The application of this is really easy to apply and if your on a budget Models own in general are a great choice at only £5 a bottle.

 
If however you want a shade that isn't quite as seasonal I really love L'oreals color riche in 851 which is a white lilac shade at £4.99 . once applied this looks awesome and the bottle itself is so chic and expensive looking. I do find Loreal polishes a little faffy as the brush is quite narrow so these aren't the easiest to apply but I can excuse this for such a gorgeous colour.
 
Another favourite is Rimmels '
fancy a dip?' which is a gorgeous warm pastel lavender shade and is the cheapest of this line up at only £2.99. Rimmel polishes are excellent value and apply really nicely and don't chip too soon either so are the ideal choice alongside Barry Ms nail polishes if you really don't want to splash out. I get a lot of compliments on this shade and it is very eye catching.
 
Moving on to a mint green option and Barry M's offering in 'mint green' (original name) is perfect for this. they do a shade I prefer slightly more in their gelly hi shine range but unusually I hate the gelly hi shines so didn't opt for that one but if your a fan, its worth checking that one out. This again is only £2.99 and rival Rimmels polishes for value. Either are superb in my opinion.
 
Now for something a little different from Sally Hansen. I picked the shade 'Tahitian sunset' as its pastel and very flattering on and is a little bit different in this peachy coral shade. This is £6.99 and Sally Hansen are legends for nail products. The brush is really thick so this is easy to apply but If I had one bug bear about this one it would be that it applies very thickly and takes a while to dry.

Now onto a couple of pink shades and I couldn't not mention the Nails inc Gel effect polish in 'Uptown' which is probably one of my all time favourite nail polishes. It lasts ages and applies very evenly and in my opinion is a lot better than the Barry M Gelly hi shine gel effect polishes. It is the most expensive at £14.00 but the shade is a very unique dusky pink which is to die for and I have worn this the most this spring. To see a review on these polishes by nails inc, check that out here
 
Lastly is the newest addition to my collection and is Essie's iconic 'Fiji'. After hearing so much about this shade I had to try it and love the nearly white pinky colour. It does need a few coats which I find annoying because it is another step in the manicure that I'm likely to mess up but once its done it looks stunning! A must have colour. The price for this one is £7.99 so not the cheapest but the thing I love the most about Essie is that the range they have is so diverse.

What shades have you been loving this spring? what nail trends are you anticipating for the summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment