My Top 10 Christmas Nail varnish'

Top ten christmas nail varnish 2014 sparkle glitter
I have a love/hate relationship with glitter nail varnish, In the summer months i tend to find it looks a bit wrong and out of place and opt for neon's or pastels. In the run up to Christmas however, nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than glitter and sparkles and festive colours on everything and that definitely includes my nails! I thought i would pull together my top ten festive nail varnish' which was a bit of a challenge in itself as when I'm shopping nail varnish, I tend to be a bit of a magpie.
You will notice i haven't included swatches, that is because my nails really are the worst. I confess, I am a nail biter and even when I've given up this awful habit they are so brittle and just crumble. I put this down to me being such a hardworker (haaaaa jokes.) Not only do i bite my nails but i also have short chubby fingers... trust me I'm doing you all a favour!


So here we go... I hope your feeling festive!!
 
 
NUMBER 10 : Orly - Androgynie
 
Orly Androgynie glitter polish top ten
 
Black is a flattering colour for short or long nails and i love the added glitter, i just wish there was more coverage with the glitter.
 
NUMBER 9 Nails Inc - belgravia Place
 
Nails Inc Belgravia place top ten
 
 
For full coverage, you do need a couple of coats at least but this has such a great effect! Its one of nails inc fibre optic polishes. I don't rave about pink at Christmas but had to include this one as it is beautiful.
 
NUMBER 8 Leighton Denny - Over the rainbow
 
Leighton Denny Over the rainbow top ten
 
I Love Leighton Denny polishes, the bottles are so luxurious! I was after a rainbow coloured glitter polish for such a long time and this is the best i have found so far. It isn't as full coverage as i would like ideally but it is fine if you layer over a contracting colour and apply a couple of coats.
 
NUMBER 7 Nails Inc - Knightsbridge Road
 
nails inc knightsbridge road top ten
 
This is part of nails inc's galaxy collection and i think this is a lovely christmassy one and has fantastic coverage! i particularly like the contrasting sizes of glitter.

NUMBER 6 Ciate - Dangerous Affair
 
ciate dangerous affair top ten
 
 
This is a great every day Christmas/winter shade. Its a deep berry and looks great teamed with vampy lips. The formula of this one is also awesome.
 
NUMBER 5 Maxfactor - Ivory
 
Maxfactor ivory top ten
 
This was part of a 4 pack gift set from 2 years ago and it is still going strong! I'm not sure if this is part of their permanent collection but it is the best gold i have. If applied in 1-2 coats this looks shimmery and sparkly, but if applied in 3-4 coats you can achieve a foil/mirror effect which i love.
 
NUMBER 4 Nails Inc - Victoria and Albert
 
nails inc victoria and albert top ten
 
 
You really cant have a crimbo count down without a good old classic festive bright red! This one by nails inc does the job brilliantly but I'm pretty sure any make up/nail brand will do an equally effective Christmas red. I like to go all out and wear this with matching red lips and optional Christmas jumper.
 
 
NUMBER 3 Andrea Fullerton Night Fever trio
 
andrea fullerton night fever top ten
 
 
I bought this one a while ago and i know that since i bought this, Revlon, amongst other brands, have also jumped on the bandwagon of having a duel ended nail polish to create different effects and they also have some wonderful combinations. This one is a firm favourite of mine and can create almost a holographic effect when you layer the shimmer white top coat on top of the glitzy deep purple. Both of these shades are gorgeous, but i have experimented using the white top coat on many other nail polishes too and it is spectacular.
 
 
NUMBER 2 Barry M - Amethyst Glitter
 
Barry M amethyst glitter top ten
 
These glitter polishes from Barry M really are in a league of their own when it comes to high impact full coverage. You can easily get away with one coat. I have tried other colours but the only downside to these is that they do go gungey and dry up fairly quick so this is my last survivor! It is a gorgeous purpley blue shade and reminds me of fireworks! a great one for New years eve.
 
NUMBER 1 - Nails Inc - covent Garden market

Nails inc covent garden market top ten
 
This one has Christmas written all over and to be honest it's the only time of the year i would really wear this! It is festive, glittery and gorgeous and that is why it is the best Christmas nail varnish ever! It is worth noting that Barry M do a great polish which is very similar to this which might be ideal as i know Nails inc are having a bit of a revamp and I'm not sure if this shade will be available much longer.
 
So there you have it! As a disclaimer, i  was not sponsored or paid to review any of these items (despite there being a lot of nails inc products!) i bought all of these polishes with my own money and all of these opinions are purely my own!
 
What are your favourite polishes to wear at Christmas time? are you a fan of classic Christmas colours or more garish glitters?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment