Products I've used up recently

product empties lush rimmel clinique loreal revlon sure nivea soap and glory botanics
As all of my product empties were building up I thought it would be time to update you all on what I've been using in its entirety lately. I personally find these types of blogs really useful as when a product has been used completely you know how well the product works in depth. So without further ado, let me tell you which of these I loved..

Right at the top we have the Lacura Renew Day cream which is available at lidl or aldi. I featured this here in my 10 disappointing products review as I generally found this pretty heavy and greasy on the skin so albeit cheap, I wont repurchase this.
For a better alternative, I did quite like the Nivea light moisturising day cream which was a really good basic no frills moisturiser for a great price at £3.99. None of these compared to the Clinique dramatically different moisturising lotion+ sample which I easily used up which was a delight to use. rich without being too heavy and drenched my skin with the moisture it craved.
To be honest, none of these moisturisers are holy grail items to me and I do have others that are much better but they are still pretty great.

Other skincare items I used up were the Soap & glory Ultimelt hot cloth cleanser which I featured in my soap and glory favourites blog here and I really enjoyed using this! it is so sensual and luxurious. I used this when I had a bath or pamper night rather than an every day cleanser or to remove make up and I will be trying out other cleansers before I buy this again but will probably get this one day. I'm also throwing out the botanics hydrating eye cream as sadly it smells like this has turned... Lovely basic eye cream, a great one if your on a budget, but not a long shelf life!



For the body I used up Sure women crystal invisible deodorant (boring) and Lush Rub Rub Rub shower scrub. Not a lot to say about the deodorant other than it has a really lovely smell! I always reach for sure deodorants. The rub rub rub scrub was a lovely scrub which me and my boyfriend used up pretty quickly!! this was featured in my first ever blog which you can read here. I would use both of these again, especially the deodorant which is a firm favourite.

Now onto make up. The wake me up foundation from rimmel is probably my favourite drugstore foundation and I will definitely use it again. Its a bit of a controversial one because I know a lot of people hate the glowy effect it gives off but I found the luminous pigments to be pretty subtle personally and I have struggled to find a cheap foundation as good as this one. I love the wake me up concealer too but a great competitor for that was the loreal
  Paris true match touche magique concealer which is fantastic as an under eye concealer or highlighting concealer, very similar to the epic touche éclat by ysl. Loreal do a couple of highlighting concealer pens and to be honest they are all really similar and I think they are awesome.

For eyes I used up the Revlon lash potion by grow luscious mascara. This mascara is a great voluminous mascara which is also waterproof. I'm usually not a huge waterproof mascara fan but this one is the best one I have used. This may be familiar as it was in my 7days mascara blog here
I also used up my favourite eyeliner which is the loreal Paris super liner black lacquer. This liner is easy to apply, budge proof and ultra bold. I love this liner and rarely give another eyeliner a look in.

product empties john frieda argan schwarzkopf garnier palmers

Finally, I have hair products (and a cheeky micellar water). I finished 3 conditioners. The loreal elvive fibrology thickening mask which was a good cheap mask though I cannot say that I noticed a difference to the thickness of my hair and is not as good as my staple 3 minute miracle by Aussie.
The Palmer's cocoa butter formula conditioner with peppermint oil, which I found on feel unique and had never seen before so this got me excited! when I first used it I fell in love with the choc-mint scent. on second use I felt a little sick and the third use I found the scent to be annoying. If you love choc-mint then you will love it and the product itself is a good moisturising conditioner which doesn't leave build up but I wont be buying this again.
The John Freida sheer blond colour renew tone correcting conditioner will be no good to you if you don't have blond hair (big surprise) but I was actually very pleasantly surprised with this. When it comes to purple shampoos and conditioners I am very fussy and will only usually buy the in salon ones as I find the cheap alternatives don't work but this was amazing! a must have for blonde's.

I also tried the argon oil heat defence leave in spray which you can buy in home bargains or B&M and it was OK. It didn't wow me and I prefer the tresemme heat defence sprays but it is good for the price. I rarely use spray leave in conditioners anymore as most heat defence sprays work well to detangle too, but I used to be a huge fan of this Schwarzkopf gliss hair repair liquid silk gloss express repair conditioner as it not only smells gorgeous but really leaves your hair silky. I can only find this in savers now but its super cheap and it is the best leave in conditioner I have ever used.

Finally, I used up my second garnier micellar water. In fact, this morning I even finished off my third bottle. I love this stuff and use it every day to remove make up. Its so effortless and its pretty cheap too. The bottle is huge and claims you get 200 uses in one bottle, though I tend to use quite a lot.

What have you used up recently? would you recommend it?




1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award (if you haven't already done it!) I really love your blog so I hope you don't mind me nominating you! I hope you haven't already done it too!
    link to the post is here: http://catbugcatbug.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-liebster-award.html
    Let me know if you do it that would be lovely! :) x

    ReplyDelete